Monday, June 26, 2017

Experimenting and inspired!

I saw the pic on the top half of the picture below a couple of days ago somewhere and saved it for inspiration. The man's signature that is on the bottom of it is Ed Rangel F. 


So yesterday I drew my own version and truied to watercolor paint it on #strathmorewatercolorpaper . Once before I bought Strathmore watercolor paper and returned it because I didn't like it, (it was like that was too much sizing on it acted like Jell-O on top of the paper and took forever to dry ) and the experience was no different this time. 

I've become spoiled to #archeswatercolorpaper especially since it's #100%cottonrag . The paints act so much nicer and the paper doesn't wear out from manipulation, nor does it buckle as much as wood pulp paper does. But I digress...

As many of you may have noticed I am in love with toned paper for using my #prismacolor #pencils on lately. So after my failed painting I decided to use the Strathmore watercolor paper to color pencil on. In making that decision I also decided I also wanted to try to make my own #graytonepaper . So I got out the #bombayink and gave it a whirl.  I find that when I use inks I can draw on top of it and if I have to erase something he does not erase my background as easily as it would with watercolor.  I also used an #irridescent additive. 

OMGoodness it turned out beautiful so stay tuned for pictures because I'm going to try and do another one of these #abstract #flowers using #colorpencil this time. 

#inspiration #artistsofinstagram #practicepracticepractice #freehand #flowy #organic #design #colorpencilabstract #abstractart #marshaknoxartexpression. 


My version was so awful I did not even finish it. I think part of the problem was I used to many colors! I need to use some more limited palette. 


Here is a shot of the Gray paper I painted. I really wish you could see how beautiful the iridescence is on it. 


Stay tuned there will be another abstract coming down the pike soon. 

Signing off for now…

Marsha and Wiggles

No comments:

Post a Comment