Wednesday, June 28, 2017

False starts

I gave been itching to make #useableart lately. Make 'things' instead of pictures of things. 

So I dug out some of mt stashed #linenburlap, #fabricstrips and a #hook .

You can see one of my oldies on the left. Unfortunately after I got the border done my hands screamed all night long. I was in so much pain I had to get up twice in the night to take Tylenol. Arthritis is not fun people.

Maybe a more open weave burlap would've been better. My strips, although a thin material, were cut rather on the wide side. Maybe it even had something to do with the fact that I decided not to use a frame this time. I hate all the gear. Otherwise I would be weaving. But as a result I'm terrified pick it up again today. Maybe I'll even try more yarn like I did in the one you see on the left-hand side of the picture from 2007. 

#marshaknoxartexpression


I also scrapped my blue pandula. The #color pencils just would not cooperate on top of the background.  They just wouldn't stick to the paper. 

 I'm not sure if it was because I've painted on the paper first or if it was because it was just crappy paper to begin with. Another false start. I seem to be on a roll LOL. But I'm not giving up so stay tuned. 



No comments:

Post a Comment