Monday, July 10, 2017

Practice practice practice!

Today's 

Today's #mixedmedia #abstractart , #graphite #pencil #sketch , then watercolor on #archeswatercolorpaper with #gelinkpen outlines. Not much inspiration again today so just basic #shapes of #triangle #square and #circles . #limitedpallet of #blues and #yellow .

#originaldesign #ooak #practicepracticepractice #draw #paint #marshaknoxartexpression 


Yesterday's

Today I had to move my #painting station to make room for another piece of furniture. As a result not much time for actual painting itself. But I did do this little #abstract on #archeswatercolorpaper .

I usually take my failed #watercolor paintings and cut them up to make my hand written #businesscards . However #cottonwatercolorpaper is expensive, so I have decided to do some #recycling . I went through my stack of #falsestarts and pulled out the good paper to paint on the backside. Turns out I have more paper than I thought lol. Then I cut them into #halfsheets . Thus the #smallformat . 

I could not think of a thing to paint, I'm sure many of you have encountered that same issue. So I just drew some random shapes. This is the result. Small, but I think it makes a statement. 

After it was completed I outlined it with #glittergelpen and glued to #mountboard . I am happy with this little #artwork and at least I did do some painting today!

I also jazzed up my palette. I'll post those results a little later on. I just looked at the clock I cannot believe this day has flown by. Oh my!

#freeform #artofinstagram #freeform #abstractart #ooak #originaldesign #marshaknoxartexpression

I also modified my watercolor palette .  I was constantly frustrated by not enough wells for my colors. So I emptied out a cheap watercolor sets wells (an extremely messy proposition) and then took glue dots and attached them. 


This palette came with a water-tight locking lid and mixing tray.  So I have plenty of space for mixing. It was more convenient to mix in the center where the new wells are at least I have everything at my fingertips. I think eventually I will get a new palette but this works well enough. 


Thats all for now. Ttyl


Marsha and wiggles

No comments:

Post a Comment